Statement of Privacy Principles
Village Accommodation Group is committed to ensuring that all customer’s privacy is protected. We recognise and acknowledge the need for appropriate protection of all personal information provided by our customers to us.
Village Accommodation Group includes Aspect Apartments, Astelia Apartment Hotel, Boulcott Suites, Courtenay Village Apartments, Ohtel Auckland, Ohtel Wellington, Willis Village Urban Garden Apartments.
When booking a Village property, you may receive operational and marketing communications relating to your stay, which you can opt out of at any time.
When staying at a Village property, you may opt out of any future marketing communications during the registration process.
Collection, Use and Retention of Information
We collect, use and retain information about you only if we reasonably believe it is justified, required and useful in order to conduct our business effectively and to provide you with information about products and services we believe will be of interest to you, or have been requested by you.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject to.
- Whether retention is advisable considering our legal position (such as, for statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide any services to you.
Information may be collected when you:
- Use our booking engine
- Use an enquiry form on the Website
- Email or phone us
- Stay at any of our properties
- Respond to a questionnaire or survey
- Be a part of our loyalty membership
Type of Information Collected
The type of personal information we collect about you will depend on what services you use on the Website. This may include collecting your name and address, your email address, your contact address, company details, and whatever other information you choose to supply to us.
Our web server collects the following types of information for statistical purposes about customers to the Website:
- Date and time of visits
- Number of pages viewed and length of time on the Website
- Number of people who visit the Website
- Content viewed
- Traffic patterns
- Country or region of people visiting the Website
- Name of the referring website (if relevant)
All of the web server data is anonymous and Village Accommodation Group will make no attempt to identify users or their browsing activities. The purpose of this information is to evaluate the performance of the Website and to improve the content and capabilities for its customers.
Protection of Information
We implement a range of security measures to protect personal data from misuse, interference or loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure with appropriate safeguards and security measures and restrict access to those who have a legitimate business purpose and reason for accessing it.
Safeguards and security measures apply to personal data in both electronic and hard copy form. To this end, we have taken technical measures and organizational measures to fully protect all data.
Village Accommodation Group uses a highly secure PCI-Compliant payment gateway to handle all credit card transactions. At no time will credit card information be stored or divulged to any third-party other than to the secure gateway provider for the purpose of processing payments.
We make every effort to follow industry standard security measures to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway provider’s data Village Group ltd only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, private financial information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Your information is disclosed to our team members on “a need to know” basis and we confirm that all such persons understand the importance of client confidentiality and privacy. All team members are bound by our internal confidentiality policy as part of their employment agreements.
Should you contact us, our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we are able to disclose any information to you.
Purpose and Use of Information Collected
All personal information collected by Village Accommodation Group will be used for our legitimate business interests.
We use personal data to provide services including:
- We will use personal data to manage our contractual relationship with you, because we have a legitimate interest to do so and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- To facilitate reservations, payment, send administrative information, confirmations / pre-arrival and post stay messages, and to provide you with other information about the area and the property at which you are scheduled to visit.
- To complete your reservation and stay, for example, to process your payment, ensure that your room is available and provide you with related customer service.
- To provide relevant promotions and information which may be based on data you have provided and/or on your history with us as a customer.
- Business Purposes: we may use personal data for data analysis, audits, security and fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new goods and services, enhancing, improving or modifying our services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
Updating, Maintenance and Accuracy of your Information
It is the intention of Village Accommodation Group to ensure that all information held relating to you is kept up-to-date, accurate and complete.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org should your personal details require changing or updating. We may require further identification to be able to process your request.
Access to your Information
If you wish to exercise your right to seek access to the personal information held by us, please contact us at email@example.com with your request. We may require further identification to be able to process your request.
We will aim to respond to requests from you to access your information in an efficient and timely manner.
Removing your Information
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish your personal information to be removed from all databases. We may require further identification to be able to process your request.
Please note that we are required legally to retain operational data relating to transactions for seven (7) years as per New Zealand taxation legislation.
Our Website may employ the use of “Cookies”. These are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive and which track and report back information about you to us. Most browsers automatically accept Cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that if you wish.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We do not disclose your personal information to any third party without your consent, except when necessary to protect against fraud or any other crime (usually by providing such information to a reputable reporting organisation) or in the unlikely event that we sell our business to the purchaser of that business.
We may in addition from time to time share non-personal, non-individual information in aggregate form with third parties for business purposes. For example we may inform our business partners the number of customers in certain demographic groups who purchased certain goods or services. This does not involve the disclosure of any personal information which can identify any particular customer in any way.
The Website may contain hyperlinks which may enable you to leave the Website. Your linking to any websites is at your sole risk and subject to the terms and conditions of those sites.
In addition, you agree not to link your websites or any other third party website to the Website without the express prior written consent of Village Accommodation Group.
Questions or Comments
Chief Privacy Officer
Village Accommodation Group
PO Box 6069